Sunday, January 16, 2011

Assignment #1

Assignment #1

a. Have you ever made art? What kind of art do you like? Yes I have made art before. When I was in middle school I took several art classes.  My favorite kind of art is abstract art and photography.

b. Have made a drawing, painting, sculpture? Yes, I have made several drawings and paintings throughout my middle school years.  I have always enjoyed art and I liked to color, draw, and paint when I was younger.

c. Have you ever been to a museum, gallery, or artist studio?  Yes, when I was in New York we went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art and also when we were in Florida we went to Fort DeSoto and visited the museum inside of the park.  Also, recently when I was in Germany I visited Dachau and went to the museum about the concentration camp.

d. Have you ever been to a play, opera, art film? Yes, I have been to several plays that the drama department put on at my high school.  I also watched Aida on Broadway when our middle school art class went to New York.  I also just recently went to see Billy Elliot.

e. Do you dance? No, I do not dance.

f. Under what conditions do you learn the most? I learn the most through hands on activities and seeing real life examples. 

g. Why are you taking this class? I am taking this class to fulfill my requirements for my major.  I am also very interested in art.

h. Have you ever looked at art or anything really and been moved by what your eyes see? Yes, when I was in Fussen (a ski town in Germany) we were walking through the town and you got a sense of calmness and serenity from everything around you.

i. What inspires you? One thing that I am inspired by is my Grandmother.  She recently passed away and all of her advice that she gave me my whole life finally makes sense now. So she is my motivation to make it through difficult situations and do my best.  I am also inspired by healthy competition.

j. Do you consider that movies are a form of art? How about video games, Comics, Television? Yes, I believe all of these to be forms of art.

k. Who decides what is good art? I believe the viewer decides what is good and bad art because everyone has different taste and interest.

l. When you debate music with your friends what are your critical elements or standards to which you hold the music to? Lyrics. That is the main thing I listen to when I hear a song so I believe this would be my argument if I had a debate with my friends about music.

m. What was the best movie you saw last year? My two favorite movies from last year are Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and Inception.

n. What is an Art Film? Well the textbook definition of an Art Film is a film intended to be a serious artistic work, often experimental and not designed for mass appeal.  I personally think that any film can be an art film depending on the viewer.

o. What music is in your iPod or mp3 player, car, albums? I have a wide range of music on my iPod ranging from country to pop to rap.  I listen to just about any kind of music except heavy metal.

No comments:

Post a Comment